Grandparent and Relative Custody

While Florida Law does not specifically accommodate for grandparents and other relatives to have visitation or timesharing rights with their grandchildren, there are certain circumstances where grandparents and other relatives can seek custody of the children to protect them from an environment that is not safe. If your grandchild has been abandoned, abused, has parents suffering from drug or alcohol abuse, or has parents suffering from severe mental health problems making their living environment unsafe, grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles can step in to help give a safe and stabling living environment for the child.

If you or a loved one are considering grandparent or relative custody or are interested in additional information, contact Winston Law, P.A. at or (561) 670-9375.